A gift to your family, sparing them hard decisions at an emotional time.
It is not always possible to pay respects in person, so we hope that this small token will help.
Offer a gift of comfort and beauty to a family suffering from loss.
TORONTO'S OLDEST FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED FUNERAL HOME
The Clarke Funeral Home was founded in December of 1945 when Donald T. and Thelma V. Clarke purchased the Van Nuys Funeral Home from Charles and Myra Van Nuys located at 302 Main St. - Toronto. The Van Nuys Funeral had been at that address since 1922.
Donald W. Clarke joined the firm in October of 1963 after graduating from the Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science.
The Funeral home was managed by Donald T. and Thelma V. Clarke until September of 1977 when Donald T. Suddenly passed away after which Donald W. Clarke became the manager and chief operator of the funeral home.
Donald W. along with his mother as a consultant managed the funeral home after his father passed away. Don's wife joined the firm in 1992 as office manager.
In November of 1998 the funeral home merged with the Altmeyer Funeral Homes of Ohio, West Virginia and Virginia.
Thelma V. Clarke passed away in October of 2003 after which Don and Cheryl managed the day-to-day business of the funeral home.
The full time staff of the funeral home includes Don and Cheryl Clarke, Matthew E.G. Lewis - Ohio licensed funeral director and embalmer. The Clarke Funeral Home also has an outstanding dedicated part time staff of 17 associates.
In March of 2005 Don and Cheryl had the opportunity to purchase back the funeral home business and property from the Altmeyer Funeral Homes by mutual agreement. The funeral home is now solely owned and operated by Don and Cheryl.